Contractor and Supplier Information

Before becoming a supplier or contractor for the Otago Regional Council (ORC) there is some information that we require from you.

New Supplier Request Form

ORC require your details to make payment. Please complete your details in the New supplier Request Form. Send the form to your contact at ORC who will then send to the finance team. Be sure to attach proof of bank details (such as a deposit slip).

Tax Information

Most businesses will handle their tax arrangements directly, however in specific instances, we are required to deduct taxes before your bill is paid.

The Income Tax Act 2007 specifies in Schedule 4 which activities we are required to deduct tax from before the bill is paid. If you perform one of these activities, and do not provide us with a declaration of the amount to deduct, we are required to deduct 45% and pay this to Inland Revenue on your behalf.

For your convenience, these activities are summarised at the back of the IR330C Tax Rate Notification for Contractors form. Please check this form to determine if you need to fill it out. If you do, please send this in along with your New Supplier Request Form for our accounts payable team to process.

Health and Safety

ORC is committed to ensuring a safe working environment and meeting required duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 when engaging contractors. This is to ensure the safety of all ORC employees, contractors, sub-contractors and members of the public.

To be able to undertake any work for the ORC you must pass our Health and Safety approval. Note that this applies to any type of work or service, but not to the supply of goods or products. Please review the attached Contractor Health and Safety Policy.

Complete either the self-declaration for low-risk work (e.g., consulting/desk-based work) or the pre-qualification questionnaire for medium to high-risk work (e.g., maintenance/repairs, field work, construction).

Completed forms can be sent to for review and consideration of approval.


For any other queries please direct these to your key contact person at ORC, or to the email addresses below.

Regulatory Department:

Engineering Department:

Back to top
Online Maps & Data: