Application No. RM22.434
To take and use surface water from the Clutha River / Mata-Au (non-consumptive), disturb the bed of the Clutha River / Mata-Au and discharge contaminants (sediment) to the surface water of the Clutha River / Mata-Au for the purpose of operating a suction dredge; and to disturb the bed of the Clutha River / Mata-Au for the construction of two slipways. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 188.8.131.52, 12.C.3.2(i) and 184.108.40.206, of the Regional Plan: Water for Otago.
Purpose: For the operation of a suction dredge and construction of a slipway
- Dredging activity – Between NZTM 2000: E1305697 N5040203 (upstream) and NZTM 2000: E1307834 N5018386 (downstream), with two exclusion areas:
- Between NZTM 2000: E1305436 N503955 and NZTM 2000: E1305651 N5039249 (Devils Nook)
- Between NZTM 2000: E131105 N503955 and NZTM 2000: E1307834 N5018386 (Delta upstream of Lake Dunstan).
- Slipway 1 – NZTM 2000: E1329505 N4917655.
- Slipway 2 – NZTM 2000: E1310061 N5035771.
Legal Description of Property:
- Dredging activity – Section 1 SO 24921, Section 1 SO 23940, Section 1 SO 23976.
- Slipway 1 – Crown Land Block I Crookston Survey District.
- Slipway 2 – Part Section 1 SO 24921.
Reasons for public notification: The Council must publicly notify an application if the applicant requests it. In this case, the applicant has requested that the application be publicly notified. Further, the applicant has not provided sufficient information to determine the level of effects of the proposed activity.
Please note that applications have also been made to the Central Otago District Council (RC220255) and Queenstown Lakes District Council (RM220834) for this activity. If you intend to submit on matters which fall for consideration within the jurisdiction of those resource consents, then submissions will also need to be made to Central Otago District Council and Queenstown Lakes District Council.
Please see details on their websites:
Notified resource consents
A hard copy of the application is available on request.
Enquiries may be directed to Josie Burrows by phone to 0800 474 082 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Otago Regional Council and the applicant (Cold Gold Clutha Limited)
A submission form is available for download below.
Printable submission form
Email submission form
Submissions on the above application must be received by Otago Regional Council and the applicant (Cold Gold Clutha Limited) no later than 5 pm on Friday 23 June 2023.
Submissions must be forwarded to Otago Regional Council, Private Bag 1954, Dunedin, 9054 or by email to email@example.com.
You must also serve a copy of your submission to the applicant, c/o Darryl Sycamore, Terramark Limited, by post at 330 Moray Place, Dunedin, 9016 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- Your name, postal address and telephone number (email and fax number if applicable);
- Details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission (note – if you are unsure which application your submission points relate to (i.e. regional
council or district council consent applications, it is recommended you reference all consent numbers));
- Whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- Your submissions, with reasons;
- The decision that you wish Council to make; and
- Whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.